Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3/3

Wrote Jeff Sommers of TETYC to ask about how to search the journal for pieces about adult learners. In his email back to me, he writes:

The May issue of each year has an index to the articles that have appeared during the year. That may be helpful. I'm sure there was an essay by Lynn Quitman Troyka many years ago that was helpful and probably still has value. This year's May issue focuses on teaching English during a time of war and those essays explore the challenges of teaching veterans. I also recall an essay by Janet Lucas in the past 2 years or so about the challenges of working with students whose writing reveals very private matters; her case study is of an adult student who had served time in prison for murder.

I don't know if that's helpful to you or not. When TETYC essays focus on students, it is often the case that some of those students are adults. I don't recall publishing anything in the past 3 years of my term that explicitly names "adult learners" as the focus.

If that last sentence isn't an invitation to submit my work to him, I don't what is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.