Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4/7

Today, I've been working on the CE article and, frankly, getting tired of it when I know there is still a good deal of work to do. But, I have accomplished a few things today, I think. 

First, I'm feeling better about the first few pages, but the sections leading up to the actual case study are still emerging. In particular, I have 
  1. moved up the statement of argument. 
  2. cut the 4-5 page overview on Tony.
  3. cut the description of GSC entirely.
The things I am still working on are:
  1. Theorizing--academic and professional literacy. (this is the section that is taking the most out of me, the kind of writing I suck the most at, the hardest. But, I have a start.
  2. Framing my article--not sure where I am going to do this. It seems I have so many things I need to do before I get to the case studies. To the actual reverse commute. It's a bit overwhelming, but may harken back to the problem of learning how to condense and tighten that I wrote about a few days ago.
So, projects left to do:
  1. Keep working on introduction--in particular, focus the section on professional and academic writing.
  2. Bring Bawarshi's recent article on "incomes" into the first reverse commute section.
  3. Revisit, entirely, the second reverse commute section.
  4. Revisit the conclusion. 
I think that's it for writing for today. I wish I could work in more of these quick/short bursts. I've only been writing for about 2 hours today, but already, I feel tired. 

Just a quick brainstorm on academic discourse. Sources:
  • Inventing the university
  • Pat Bizzell (blue book)
  • Thaiss/Zawacki
  • Teaching Working Class (Sherry Lee Linon)--I wrote some notes about this piece a ways back that I should return to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.