But where does the visualization piece happen with the writing?
When I look at a piece of writing, I can’t see the independent clause. I will not be able to write correctly until I can see that.
My problem is, I have a hard-time thinking outside the box. I really do. I can’t really think abstractly. I’m very much a linear thinker. I don’t try to say that I’m not capable of abstract thinking—but I can’t look at a piece of art and go, yeah, I know what that artist is trying to say. I’m a scientific person. You have these artists that are very abstract thinkers. The arts, humanities classes—I struggle through those. I’m a very linear thinker. Psychology is a little abstract. I’m getting the hang of abstract thinking—I practice. If you are always thinking linearly. My way of compensating for—thinking outside the box…I just make my box that much bigger, to encompass that much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.