1. Literacy Narratives: Stories of School Experience and Literacy Development
2. Workplace Literacy- Contexts of Workplace Literacy
- Case Study of a Workplace Writer
3. Work to School
- The things we take for granted about academic writing (Bernhardt, Peck MacDonald)
- Genre Knowledge (antecedent genres)
- Identity and Authority in the Writing Classroom (Tony Vaccaro/John Beech)
I'm thinking of issues that likely come up in the transition from work to school, that would be worth knowing about... as I was reviewing my Business Writing students' genres last night, the ones they will be using for their genre analysis project, I was struck by the way I could kind of group the genres into two categories: boilerplates and forms which required very little writing and longer reports/proposals that did require a good deal of writing. This has me thinking a bit this morning about the adults, imagining the different challenges that these two groups face, as writers.
Comparing Writing Performances in Work and School (John Beech, from Beaufort)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.