Reviewer Comments (summary):
- a stronger theoretical framework,
- a more explicit description of the methods used,
- an extended analysis of participants’ literacy narratives
- a concluding argument that expands the field’s approaches to the study and teaching of adult learners.
The decision to focus on "mainstream" adult learners:
Methods
Conclusion
---
One place I can begin is with the Method section...I have already begun to rethink the marginal/mainstream piece and this doesn't require a good deal of work.
One question I am having is about whether or not I should write an article which addresses BOTH the issue of literacy stories/narratives AND current literacy practices. In my reading of the Cohen article, I may have stumbled upon a framework for analyzing the "everyday writing" that adult students produce. But I still don't have a sense of how to organize or analyze the stories participants tell. Unless I go back to the work of
Sponsorship as a framework?
I need to go back to the Lytle article--she articulated the framework that I used in my study and that needs to be made clear in the article. The question of how to analyze the data, what lens to read it through is still there, though...
Unit of Analysis:
Narrative/Story (school and literacy experience)
Current Literacy Practices (outside of school)
A revised organizational structure (adapted from Smagorinsky, 2008):
Section 1: Theoretical Framework
Section 2: Adult Learners in Composition and Literacy Studies
Section 3: Methods
Section 4: Context
Section 5: Results
Section 6: Discussion
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.