Friday, March 30, 2012

Other Areas of Research to Contextualize Murray

  1. NEW IDEA: Who has written about the process of disciplinary formation? How might I use this as a framework to talk about Murray's role in composition?
  2. NEW IDEA THAT I HAVE NOT YET WRITTEN DOWN: Who has written about different pedagogies or teacher ethos'? How might I use this to organize a discussion or Murray's pedagogy?
Regarding #2, here's a start:

If you want to go with this idea, here's the reference:

Schiro, M. S. (2008). Curriculum Theory: Conflicting Visions and Enduring Concerns. LA: Sage Publications. I really like this book and the resource website that goes with it.

Michael Schiro is fairly local -- he teaches at BC -- and is supposedly a dynamic group facilitator. Rainy Cotti, in ELED, was one of his students and worked on his book with him.

Corinne McKamey

---

What are the key or foundational texts in composition studies during the years Murray was writing...from late 1960s to mid-1980s? How do I understand him within this context? Place his work within the work of the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.