Monday, June 25, 2012
Stirrings of an Argument
So Berlin's argument is that Murray's pedagogy was politically ineffectual and I can't seem to get away from that argument, even though others have addressed it. But what others perhaps haven't done that I think I can do is document the potential political agency that his pedagogy, or that the pedagogy at UNH stirred in me. When I sit down to look at these documents, finally, I believe one thing I will see is the stirrings of political consciousness that experienced while at UNH--for the first time in my life. This was a pedagogy that helped me to think critically about the world, made me more conscious of my social/gender/racial status, and lead me to take small steps towards action...in the form of writing. Far from being politically ineffectual, I can demonstrate how this pedagogy, rooted in Murray in important ways, was politically motivating for me--and, most importantly, how it was politically enabling. This seems really big.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.