Box 92:
Notes from project with Berkenkotter
A whole book on a single poem and its revisions
Correspondence from pre-UNH days (gives a sense of the life
of the freelancer)
Course packet for ENGL 917
English 811 coursepack
My thank you note to Murray, in folder: correspondence
7/96-8/96
In box 92, marked “Miscellaneous” of the 126 or so boxes in
the Donald Murray archive is a folder called correspondence 7/96-8/96 that
contains the letter I wrote to Donald Murray in the summer of 1996, a month or
so before I left for Iowa and a few days after visiting Donald Murray at his
home in Durham.
Box 83 contains a bunch of 1990s magazines, journals that
Murray published in, The Writer, etc. Somewhere, perhaps in that bitter piece
he wrote in that obscure journal in the early 90s, he says that he won’t be
publishing anymore in mainstream Comp/Rhet venues and, instead, placing his
stuff in smaller journals because that’s where the real action is….this does
appear to have been the case….these journals from the 90s illustrate this. In
other words, I shouldn’t keep thinking of 1991 or so as an end of his writing
about writing and a shift towards only writing his column. He kept writing
about writing, but in other venues, less well known.
Mylinda gone until 6/13
Box 79 has personnel files—I only got partially through the
first one.
Finished down to 100, so:
Done:
126-80
Display 1/2 & 1-7
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.