Significant Professional Development Work
1968: NDEA Workshops at UNH
1969 & 1970: Bowdoin College, week-long workshop for English and language arts teachers (see Sabbatical Report, 1969-70, p. 1 for more info)
Feelings about Professional Development Work:
Documents: 1969 Memo to Jack Richardson (i.e. "changing role")
Letter to Dick Goodman, 1968
Sabbatical Report, 1969/70
"I am too impatient to work well with teachers in in-service programs, and prefer to concentrate on developing writer materials which other people may choose to use in such programs." (Sabbatical Report, 1969-70)
"I cut down on my speaking last year, and will continue to turn down more invitations than I accept." (Sabbatical Report, 1969-70)
"I hope I have made some sort of contribution to the teaching of writing, but I hope by the end of this academic year to conclude most of my writing about writing and simply write. In the years ahead I hope to concentrate on poetry and fiction, and write more to interior demand rather than publishers' deadlines." (Sabbatical Report, 1969-70)
Significant Internal UNH Initiatives
I agreed to serve as Director of the proposed MFA program. (Sabbatical Report, 1969-70)
Graduate Teaching
Yesterday I gave my graduate students, who are interested in teaching writing, a packet of 17 articles. (Sabbatical Report, 1969-70)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.