From the WPA-L
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:27:04 +0000
From: Patrick F Hargon <hargonp2@UNK.EDU>
Subject: Teaching K-12 Writing Teachers
Hello, all--
I have searched the WPA archives for this topic, but I can't quite decide on the right search terms, so stop me if you've heard this one before! Apologies also for cross-posting.
I would like to reach out to teachers who teach K-12 writing teachers how to teach writing (see why the search terms get tricky?), i.e., instructors who have taught or developed methods courses for teaching writing-undergraduate methods courses or graduate-level research courses.
I am redesigning a graduate course called, "Teaching Writing PK-12," and I would love to compare notes. From my perspective, K-12 teachers have limited training in effective approaches to writing instruction, and from what I can gather, much of their training comes from professional development workshops and not teacher education coursework. If your perceptions differ, please share your thoughts!
I have two requests; the first is somewhat ambitious: I would like to put together a network of teachers who teach writing teachers. Best case scenario, we all find the extra time and inspiration to create resources for teachers of similar courses as there seem to be few such resources available. I would love to be wrong on this one! If so, please direct me to what I am missing.
The less ambitious request is to collect syllabi and bibliographies for any courses you may have taught.
If you'd like to reply off-list, my email is hargonp2@unk.edu<mailto:hargonp2@unk.edu>.
Thanks so much,
Patrick Hargon, MFA
Associate Director, Learning Commons
University of Nebraska at Kearney
Hargonp2@unk.edu<mailto:Hargonp2@unk.edu> | www.unk.edu/lc<http://www.unk.edu/lc>
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.